Mrs Benjamin's Blog

Come visit with our Fifth Grade Class!

We are done with Week 2!

September11

and it feels as if we’ve been together for a few months now!  Everything is going so smoothly!  I credit the hard work and fantastic behavior of every single student in our room.  Let’s keep it up!

Today we really started discussing the concept of a class blog.  We have gotten comments from a number of other bloggers from around the world!  If you stopped by to read this page, whether you are a member of Room 28, a parent or relative, another student in our school, or from somewhere else around the world, PLEASE take a moment to leave a comment.  Just scroll to the bottom of the entry and go!

A goal I have set for the class for next week is to explore some other class blogs that are participating in the Student Blogging Challenge http://theedublogger.edublogs.org/2009/08/25/join-the-student-blogging-challenge-now-starts-sept-6/ and asking each student to leave one positive comment linked back to our class blog.

At this time, we don’t have our individual blogs up and running yet.  We need to be a bit more comfortable with exactly WHAT a blog is and how we can make the most of it.  Be patient!

Have a great weekend and thank you for visiting!

by posted under Uncategorized | 6 Comments »    
6 Comments to

“We are done with Week 2!”

1. September 13th, 2009 at 4:15 am       Miss W. Says:

G’day Mrs Benjamin,
    You and I are thinking on the same track. I have just set week 2 challenges and it includes leaving comments on other blogs. I hope you and your students enjoy the activities and complete as many as you wish.

2. September 13th, 2009 at 6:01 pm       Sue Waters Says:

Hi Mrs Benjamin, starting your students on a class blog is a great way to introduce them to blogging. Can you ask them to let me know any cool stuff they see on the different class blogs as I like to share ideas and tips with others?

Good luck in the Student blogging Challenge – from Perth, Western Australia.

3. September 16th, 2009 at 2:28 pm       Mr. Barrett Says:

Greetings from Mr. Barrett’s 5th grade class. We got your comment on our blog page and thought we would leave one for you.

Anyway, the first two weeks of school is always crazy. Students are getting to know each other and everything is new to a lot of people.

We are currently finishing up our fifth week. We just took our first science and math test and are looking forward to finishing our first set of guided reading books.

What are some books that you read? Any recomendations?

Hopefully, everything will go smoothly for you the rest of this school year.

Sincerley,
    5th Grade Students of 5A

4. September 16th, 2009 at 7:42 pm       Miss W. Says:

Commenting is such an important part of blogging. Have you visited Mr Toft’s blog? He has some excellent ideas about using maps and clocks when keeping a record of who has visited his blog.

5. September 16th, 2009 at 8:51 pm       Alisha Lourie Says:

hi, my name is Alisha LOurie and i am in kane mahyew’s class in Australia.
    this morning i got to school and mr mayhew showed us all the comment that you guys made. I was wanting to help you guys so i desided to write you a comment. i am not to shore how you do the picture slideshow but i will ask if we can comment again with all the details. i love your blog and it sounds like guys have been doing some good work. What part of America are you from??? i went last month and i loved it. please comment on our page and we will keep in touch, plus, i am Alisha Lourie and i am grade 6, please say my name in the comment, i like that. bye bye xxxx

6. September 23rd, 2009 at 9:29 am       Tom Says:

Hello Mrs. Benjamin’s class!

I am from Mr. Barrett’s class and you have been commenting on our blog. You should look on our blog all the time for anything happening in our class you should know about. We made some changes the other day so you should look at our blog.

Mr. Barrett’s 5th grade student,
    Tom Le

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Clustrmap

Comments

Archives

Need help translating?

Translator!

function googleTranslateElementInit() { new google.translate.TranslateElement({pageLanguage: 'en', layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.SIMPLE}, 'google_translate_element'); }
September 2009
S M T W T F S
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930  

Skip to toolbar